2011-06-13

BEIJING DAY 6 and USA 1-3

David J TAN (Gmail) to Tony Yang Fei ., Li Xia (Leah) ., ZHOU Hui Chao ., WANG, Than, me, Kelvin, Payom, Vivian
show details 8:10 AM (1 hour ago)

Dear all,

BEIJING DAY 6
On Friday morning, I went together with Tony's cousins to visit Olympic Park again, but this time we went into the Bird Nest to take a look. I watched the opening ceremony before and now, was able to see the actual location itself. The stadium is quite amazing, quite big and magnificent. Took many pictures.

After going back to hotel to shower and check out, then it's off to airport to catch the 4 pm flight. The plane was delayed a while and there was no aircon in the plane while waiting for take off. Was glad when it actually took off and the flight was smooth. After flying many hours and had dinner and breakfast on plane, we landed even earlier than we took off (ie. we left 4 pm on Friday and landed 12:40 pm on Friday). How in the world did that happened?

USA DAY 1
From the airport, I took the shutter to Napa and my cousin picked me up from there. We had a brief tour around Napa Valley (the wine country, with lots of vineyards) before heading for Pacific Union College. I spent the next few hours before sunset putting the final touch to tomorrow's Gourmet Vegan Lunch to celebrate my neice's graduation.

USA DAY 2
On Sabbath, went to PUC's Sabbath School and Baccalaureate. Then went home to have the Gourmet Vegan Lunch for 18 people. After lunch, we visited the art gallery where my niece's graduation art project was displayed. She did five art pieces, one for each of the building that she studied in. Then we stayed for the Presidential Reception at the lawn. PUC's President is the first Black American lady heading our Colleges and Universities.

Everybody was too full for a good dinner, so we had snacks at my cousin's home and I went to bed early because of jet lag.

USA DAY 3
Sunday 12 Jun is the graduation! It's held in the mountain top open air surrounded by pine trees. It's near the PUC airfield. After that, we came home for lunch.

And now, I am off to Sacremento to meet Past Doug Batchelor tomorrow morning.

God bless! Please remember me in your prayers!

Yours in Christ,
David
E-mail: Contak.David@gmail.com

No comments: