2011-06-13

On 09 Jun 2011, at 8:29 AM, David J TAN

On 09 Jun 2011, at 8:29 AM, David J TAN (Gmail) wrote:
Dear all,

Last night came home very very late. 12:30 am. Went for Chinese massage. It was very good. Did the scraping and also the cupping. Whole back is full of black round marks.

After rain the day before, the sky was blue! So I decided to go to the Olympic site to take some nice pictures. But it was very hot. Went in the Water Cube, they have a children pool with tons of slides and games! Did not have time nor energy to go in the Bird Nest though.

The weather was so hot, so instead of visiting the next place, we stopped by a Islam restaurant to have noodle. I had the egg and tomato handmade noodle. Reminded me of Tony's favourite!

The next destination was supposed to be the Botanic Garden. But because of the heat, we decided to go to Fragrance Mountain instead. I visited the temple where China's Kuo Fo's body was first brought to. From the top of the temple, can see whole of west side of Beijing at a distance.

This mountain is very lovely, with many sites to see, I think I only visited 1% of it, didn't want to climb up the mountain, ran out of time, I must visit again if I do come to Beijing again. Chairman Mou had his first residence here in the famous and five star hotel. They say come in Autumn is best.

By the time I got out of Sian San, it's almost 5:00 pm, so had to miss the Botanic Garden and went back to hotel. After shower, I decided to try the subway and visited Raffles City Shopping Mall. So so. Again had la mein there for dinner. On the way back by taxi, went to massage nearby the hotel. After massage, walked back to hotel. That's it, one long, hot day with blue sky! Rare sight for Beijing to have blue sky.

Today? Andy's cousins is coming to stay with me for the night. I hope we get to go to the Museum and visit a Gongwanfu a famous prince's residence.

Yours in Christ,
David
E-mail: Contak.David@gmail.com

No comments: